One of the great joys of being a non-aligned, fee only financial planner is that there can be many more flavours of advice than vanilla. Without a big corporation to satisfy, there is no pressure to recommend certain products or strategies or even to adopt any specific style of advising.
This frees up relationships with clients so their true needs can be looked after whatever they are:
- Complexities around family relationships and roles (blended families, family members with disabilities, aging parents etc)
- Competing priorities around home and work or business
- Established and complex investments (such as investment properties, shares, defined benefit superannuation etc)
- Desire for a particular type of investing (such as socially responsible, or with a bias towards real property)
- Pre-existing medical conditions that limit insurance options
So if you are a double scoop honeycomb with raspberry ripple on the side and a cherry on the top looking for help with your finances, seek out a financial planner who can understand your whole situation and come up with a plan that that addresses all your needs. Strictly no vanilla.
© Summation Strategies 2017.
Please note that all information provided is of a general nature and does not take into account your current financial situation, needs or objectives. Before acting on any of the information you should consider its appropriateness, having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs. We recommend those seeking insurance or making an investment obtain financial advice specific to their situation and consider the Product Disclosure Statement prior to making any financial investment or insurance decision.